Friday, January 4, 2008

Get Mentally Tough For Rodeo and Barrel Racing

A couple years ago I purchased some old barrel racing magazines off ebay ("Turn" maganzine I believe they are called...or possibly the other but that's beside my point).

In each issue there was a short article by
Dr. Patrick Cohn a "Master Mental Game Coach". " I thought the short articles were fantastic and tracked him down online. His website and training tools are excellent.

The topics are not rodeo or barrel racing specific but it isn't hard to think in those terms and relate his tips to your situation.

If you long to improve your times this year I highly recommend spending some time to improve your mental game. I am so glad I did. I was really a puddle before I started to get control of my emotions. lol... Something I like to remind myself is: If you can't control yourself, how do you expect to control your horse?

If you are a parent of an up and coming rodeo star, I highly recommend the section for parents and how to help your kids be the best they can.

The products are excellent and the members area offers piles or audio and articles.

If nothing else, sign up for Dr. Cohn's free newsletter and get the free e-book. The newsletters are full of tips and give you lots to think about.

Click Here to go to the peak sports website

No comments: